Winter Holiday Safety
Winter holidays are a time for families and friends to get together. But that also means a greater risk for fire. Here at SERVPRO of Oak Ridge love decorating for Christmas just as much as anyone else! There can be risks that the regular person may not consider when making their home a Winter Wonderland. The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) has a few simple tips that will ensure a happy and fire-safe holiday season.
- Be careful with holiday decorations. Choose decorations that are flame resistant or flame retardant.
- Keep lit candles away from decorations and other things that can burn.
- Some lights are only for indoor or outdoor use, but not both.
- Replace any string of lights with worn or broken cords or loose bulb connections. Read manufacturer’s instructions for the number of light strands to connect.
- Use clips, not nails, to hang lights so the cords do not get damaged.
- Keep decorations away from windows and doors.
From our Team to your home, we want to wish you all a Happy Holiday! Stay safe, health, and jolly! We are available 24/7 all year long! Give us a call if a loss occurs!